Tuesday, August 3, 2010

iThink

Muse, Brood, Contemplate, Ponder, Analyze, Cerebrate, Cogitate, Ruminate, Meditate, Speculte, Reflect, Study, Stew, and last but not least "Put the ol' gears to use."

Thinking is something that most people do, some (and I can't name names) don't, and few act upon. That's why I love reading and writing blogs, people write out their thoughts, and I think it's fun to see what those are. I like to think about stuff, but I do have to be careful about what I let people know about. The stuff that I think is more interesting, I write down, because I don't remember all of my thoughts. But here's a few things that I did remember/write down that also are not embarrassing or offensive.

1. What if the color blue to me, is what I would consider pink to you?
2. What if this was a very minor side effect of eye color?
3. What if the elements could think?
4. What would they think?
5. How boring would it be to have that sort of existence?
6. What makes bones, trees, etc... fossilize?
7. If someone lived to be old enough, would/could they fossilize?
8. Why do our bodies need sleep? (Other than just to give us rest, more on a molecular level)
9. If our cells die and regenerate, how many have I gone through in my life?
10. If sound and light both travel in waves, how does smell travel?
11. How do our noses work to sense smells?
12. How do our brains work? (I know, something about electrical signals and each side of the brain works differently, bla bla bla. I mean thoughts and memories.)
13. If we supposedly use only about 10% of our brain or something like that, when/how do we get to use the other 90% of it?
14. What will we be capable of with that other 90%?

Anyway, I'd better stop now, I meant to stop at 10. But the last one made me wonder a little bit more. These are things where I don't have "The Answer" so if you do, feel free to share.

...I wonder how they make the "ship in a bottle"...

No comments:

Post a Comment